Tuesday, February 7, 2012

That's what family's for

Last night we were a man down and boy was it hard. It really made me appreciate the help I do have on a regular basis. Our nephew Oliver has been staying over this week because his parents thought it would be a great idea to treat themselves to a vacation in St.Thomas (don't know what they were thinking!). Anyway, that meant another toddler to add to the mix this week. It has been crazy. I thought having one toddler around with the babies was hard. It is times 10 when you add Mr. Oliver, who is VERY high energy but of course very lovable. He and Alexander are best buds and play their little hearts out together. Still every night this week mom, grandma, and I sit there with a glass of red wine as we try to manage the chaos.

Also of note, mom and Nash took the big boys, Alexander and Oliver, for an outing on Sunday. Apparently they were desperate to find something to do on Sunday morning as they went to two American institutions for entertainment: Walmart and McDonalds. I think it's hilarious that these two sophisticated professional people took their grandkids to play at Wally world and Mickey D's! Nash even came back and added, "and we drove up in a FORD!" (side note: mom is driving a Ford rental car because her Mercedes is in the shop). I told Nash not to worry because It is highly unlikely that they would run into anyone they know at those places, especially on a Sunday morning.

I promise to post pics and videos soon. Also, I am going to start publicly harassing Nate to start posting on here. He seems to think I give a one-sided view of things so I openly welcome his "perspective" when he gets around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment