Friday, February 17, 2012

It's the little things

The past few nights have been rough with the babies because we've all had colds. Sucking out noses with the nasal aspirator, rubbing vicks on chest and feet, cranking up humidifier, propping up the beds so they're at an incline, and putting vicks plug-ins in the wall has been added to the bedtime routine. Last night was the best night all week, especially for Theodore. He has been the worst culprit whining and snorting in the wee hours of the morning, but last night it was only Benjamin and it was isolated to just between 4 and 5am. This morning I was getting ready and thinking to myself how good everyone was being and how they were all sleeping so soundly, particularly Theodore- he hadn't made a peep all night! Maybe it was putting him over my knee in the steam shower to get him to cough out the drainage before bedtime (oh, I forgot that step above). Then I look down at the monitor and notice him staring right into the camera!!

Theodore staring at the camera 
At first it startled me (the picture is kind of freaky you have to admit) but then it made me smile really big. He wasn't making a sound; just very peacefully staring up at the wall. I am usually a stickler about not getting them out of the cribs before 7am, but I was just about done getting ready for work so I went in there and got him out of his crib 15 minutes early. He was so happy and it really started the day off in the right direction. It's the little things. Thanks Theo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment