Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Beach Bums

We went to the beach a couple of weeks ago and it has taken me about this long to recharge and recover. It was a blur and when we first returned I felt a little cheated that I didn't get the "vacation" that I needed and had imagined in my mind. I don't know what I had expected but vacationing with 4 boys under 4 plus their cousins was exhausting and at times more chaotic than life at home. Keeping up with sunglasses, hats, suits, sunscreen, pool toys, etc., was non-stop. And taking them out of their routine took a toll on them by the end of the week.

BUT over the past couple of weeks I have been able to reflect on the fun moments we did in fact have with the boys and our extended family. The precious time spent hanging out with family in a gorgeous beach house with amazing weather, food, and new experiences was incredible. Looking at the pictures reminds me of the beach and the slivers of bliss we experienced when everyone was content. It was a whirlwind but it will only get better (I keep telling myself...) and someday I am going to miss that whirlwind.

We didn't take too many pictures but we did get professional family photos I will post later. On the beach or by the pool we were literally in life-saving mode to make sure no one drowned or got hurt. I think everyone got saved at least once. The boys didn't play in the sand as much as I expected (I had visions of them building sand castles hours on end...ha!) but they were in awe of the tide, liked finding shells and putting the living creatures back into the water (crabs, starfish, etc.) And they LOVED jumping into the pool and making a big splash.

Here are a few of the pictures we did manage to take...

Our view from the house - great access to the beach and pool, convenient yet terrifying with all the little ones!

our beautiful beach house - Nate and I slept at the very top with all the boys, who were our 6am alarms every day :)

A moment out of the sun, Oliver and Alexander were feeding some fish they had collected

The trips taking a snack break (from L to R: Winston, Benjamin and Theodore)
Benjamin with his "girls" (great grandma and his new cousin Beatrice)
The boys playing pool (Papi, Beau, Alexander, and Russell)
The tightest cousins ever
Winston not having a fit
Sweet Theodore
Benjamin's scrunchy face
Uncle Russell teaching Winston how to skateboard



I can't wait until our next crazy family vacation :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment