Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Break

This is long overdue but last week Alexander's nanny was out of town for the week so the ranch dwellers (Nate, "nama"- my mom, and myself) all took off days of work to spend with his majesty. I had two days with him and lucked out with gorgeous weather. We spent one day at the zoo and had a fancy lunch at the Crown & Goose with Uncle Jeffrey. The next day we went to Concord Park and played in the sand and lakeshore; then we slummed it at McDonalds. Sidebar: I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the clean and pleasant dining room at the Mickey D's. I admit I haven't been inside of one in years and was surprised to see people of all ages and professions dining there. Good for them.

Lunch at McDonald's

Back to A and I's days together -- We had a blast. The only tantrums were because he didn't want to stop playing to eat, take a nap, etc. In a perfect world, I would love to work part-time and spend a couple of days with the boys every week but that is not a reality any time soon. I still need and want to work, but it is nice to have days off to do fun things. The weekends always seem packed with family stuff and getting ready for the next week.





We also had time outside with the boys this past week. We tried to pull them in the wagon but that lasted for about 90 seconds. There's not that much flat space in the driveway so they easily toppled over on each other in any direction we pulled them. So I took them out and they were happy playing on a mat outside.

In the wagon, they are doubting my competence right now

Relieved to be off the wagon

Benjamin
Winston
Theodore

2 comments:

  1. I also am astounded to learn that one of the world's largest restaurant chains would have a customer base consisting of varying ages and professions. It makes one ponder if this is correlation or causation to their success? Either way, I agree, good for them and their 100B market cap.

    JoJo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around here,Bowie,MD,Mickey D's parking lot is always full of cars from 'Bemers to clunkers. I don't eat there.
    What a fun time you had!

    ReplyDelete